Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a week of firsts

We have had, and will have, lots of firsts this week.

Evie went to her first baby story time today.  She has been to lots of family, toddler, and preschool story times with her sister, but this was the first baby story time she went to.  She had a great time (and Maddie did too).  She laughed and played and clapped.  She is such a little flirt.  She would just stare at someone until they made eye contact and then would erupt into an enormous, dimpled smile.  I love my baby.


On a side note, there was another little girl named Genevieve there.  She is the first one I’ve met.  I hope this isn’t a trend.  I want Genevieve to stay unique.  :)


Maddie had her first ballet class on Monday.  Parents aren’t allowed to stay (because we are WAY too distracting), but she said that she loved it.  I asked her what she did and she said they jumped. 

“Did you dance?”

“No, we just jumped.”  :)


Mad also had her first gymnastics class today.  I got to stay and watch that one.  She did so well.  She talked and listened and tumbled and listened and laughed…and listened.  Who is this girl???  I can’t even tell you how proud I was of her.

Of course, once we got back home it was typical Maddie.  She wouldn't sit still for a picture.
Look at that sour face sitting by the front door.  Geez!

Madeleine will have her first real swim class on Friday.  We did a mommy and me swim class while I was pregnant, but this will be her first one without mommy in the water.  I hope she does well.  She hates to have water over her face so I think swimming is going to be a challenge.

Mommy had first this week too – first day of winter quarter.  As you can tell by the picture, it wasn’t even a real pant occasion (at least yoga pants aren’t sweatpants).  That seems to be the way I judge things these days, by my pant selection. 

Sweatpants - normal
Yoga pants - somewhat important
Jeans - whoa, must be date night!
Skirt/dress – wedding/funeral

You know, I used to wear heels everyday.  Crazy, right???

I finished two hats I’ve been working on. Maddie was kind enough to model them for me during our walk today.  I know I’m her mom, but isn’t this girl beautiful? :)
This one is for cousin Logan
 This is for Maddie's friend Jakey

Now, off to bed.


1 comment:

  1. I love me some Keating family especially with pictures!! The hats are so darn cute. I need to send you pics of the princess one and the Hello Kitty one so people can oh and ah at your incredible work! Way to go Julie mommy!

    ReplyDelete