Monday, February 20, 2012

getting it done

We've had a super fun weekend.  The extra day was so nice to give us some extra time to get stuff done.  We made a couple of trips out.  Steve had baseball training all day on Saturday so the girls and I headed to one of my favorite places on earth...IKEA!


What was I thinking???  Me and two girlies at Ikea.  On Saturday.  Alone.  No, really it wasn't that bad.  Mad wanted to be in the kids area.  I had tried to plan on being there right at open, but that didn't happen.  We got there about 11 and had to wait about half an hour to get her in.  What can you do?  I'd rather wait the half hour than have her throwing a fit the whole way through the store.  I don't get to Ikea that often anymore, I'd like to enjoy it.  :)


Oh Em Gee!  I'm in love with the closets!  Steve has been pushing to get a closet unit for a while and I've always thought there were other things we could spend money on.  Now having a space for a walk in closet and I can actually picture these beauties in my house.  MY house.  I can't even believe it.  Take a look.



Here's the glam shot from the website


Ah, love.

We also made it home with 2 new members of the family.  Please help me welcome my new babies Leding and Minut.




We also managed to hit Home Depot (for a return and a lookie-loo), Lowes (for an exchange), and Costco (for eggs and diet coke).  And, of course, 2 separate Craigslist runs.

We got a "new" wrought iron bed frame and a cute little night stand dresser.  The bed is perfect!  It's got sleek lines and is the perfect blend of masculine and feminine.  The dresser needs a new coat of paint and some distressing and then it will be perfect.  The shape is so great.  You'll just have to wait a little longer to see both.

That being said, we are selling our birch Malm queen bed, headboard book shelf, and both our two 6 drawer dressers.  Any takers?

We've been working on what I have termed project so so so so incredibly, ridiculously boring but necessary (or project boring for short).  This is our door painting project.  Oh, I'm so tired of painting doors.  I had no idea I had so many doors in my house!  I've finished part 1 (the downstairs doors), part 2a (the closet doors downstairs), and am midway through 2b (all the other closet doors).  The rest of the doors are on hold until we get some decent weather and can spray paint the hardware.  Maybe Thursday?  We'll see.  I'm eager to get our bed set up downstairs so I may put the doors on hold even longer.  

We're also working on some other little details like caulking, puttying, and repainting all the trim.  The devils in the details.  Another uuber boring project.  The before and afters aren't so dramatic, but it just makes the whole room look so crisp.  

That's been our week.  Pictures, stories, and tutorials to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment