Thursday, February 9, 2012

just spray that motha

Hello everyone.  My name is Julie.  I'm a spray paint addict.

It only took one time and I was hooked.  It was when I spray painted the door hardware.  I found a tutorial from Young House Love here and I was eager to try.  I was really nervous.  Even though Sherry had such a good result I wasn't sure how my spray painting inexperience would affect the end product.  So I followed the directions step by step (I even used the exact same paint) and as you can see from my post here, they turned out great!  So great that I like to just stand and look at them.  And touch them.  Yes, I'm a strange, strange girl.  But aren't they beautiful?




But that was the moment I knew my life would never be the same.  I was hooked.  How in the world did I live without spray paint before???  I went on a spray painting binge (thanks to a few sunny days here in the Pacific northwest).  I painted this...


I forgot to get befores on all of these.  My bad.  I was just so eager to spray paint.  And sorry about the terrible lighting.  I took the pics early this morning so they are all pretty dark. This little beauty used to be dark teal.  Can't you picture her full of some bright flowers?  

And I painted this...


It used to be an ugly brown color.  Now how cute is it?  Be tee dubs, these were all picked up at Goodwill for a couple bucks.

And I painted this...


It used to be a kind of creamy gold distressed color.  Much better.  Much crisper.  Much more us.  The new us, anyway.

And I painted this...


Ah, sorry.  That lighting is awful.  That was a red metal container we got as part of a food basket when Evie was born.  I like it so much better.  Steve said he liked it red.  Sorry honey, red doesn't fit the new theme.  And the best part about spray paint - I can always paint it again!  

And I painted this...


How cute is he?!  He used to be black and gold and scary!  Now he's so adorable.  I think I'll call him owlie.  

Oh, and I painted ALL of these...


They used to be all sorts of colors - black, light wood, dark wood, green.  Now they are all a beautiful matching white.  I'm planning on making a picture wall in our new bedroom.  On this wall by the new closet.


Something like this...



courtesy of younghouselove.com

Me likey.



3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of spraying all my picture frames also... tired of black, white and brushed mosh-posh of frames... was it really THAT easy???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Krystle, it is SO easy. Make sure you use spray primer first to get the paint to stick, and then several thin and even coats. I think I did 4 on the frames. I just laid them out on a piece of cardboard outside and went to town. The only downside is waiting until its sunny to do it - unless you are lucky enough to have a garage, then you can spray paint year 'round!

      Delete
    2. Awesome!! Thanks for the tips!

      Delete