Thursday, February 16, 2012

the plan

While we are finishing up some boring projects (like continuing to paint doors and spray paint hardware) I thought I would show you some of the plans that I have ideas we are thinking about for the downstairs.  The downstairs space is pretty big.  There are two rooms, the large master bedroom and a small room off to the side that will become the closet.  The master has two main areas and also has a long closet with sliding doors in the room.  That will be our closet until we are able to save the money to convert the other room into our fancy new walk in closet.  

When things are completed we will have a bed area and an office area in the same room.  The temporary closet will become office and craft storage. 

So, enough of the talkie talkie.  Here are some picture ideas for the space.


Okay.  Really.  How freaking fantastic are these!?!  Their is a tutorial from crafty nest that shows step by step exactly how to make this.  It's supposed to be like the Abaca pendant light from West Elm.  I think they're perfect.  I plan to use the minut light from IKEA.  I plan to center the 3 pendants over our bed.  Since the light box isn't directly above our bed I'll use some sort of attachment to bring the hanging pendant part over.  At only $30 this is going to look like a million bucks!


I am in love with this rug.  And the whole idea of painting a rug.  It's never something I would have thought of on my own, but since seeing this tutorial I've found several other rug painting tutorials.  This tutorial is from The House of Smiths.  I want to try and identical rug - color and all.  I'd also love to try in in yellow with a white quatrefoil.  Wouldn't that be perdy?




You guys have already seen the picture wall idea from Young House Love, but I thought I'd show you one more time.  I need to start working on some sentimental art and photos to fill it up.



Also via Young House Love, I would love to do something like this in the officey area.  The space would likely only fit one desk space, but I would like to find used cabinets and get butcher block for the top (which is fairly inexpensive at IKEA).


Don't be fooled.  No, we aren't planning to add a kitchen downstairs (wouldn't that be nice?).  Another Young House Love link.  I would love to add shelves like their open kitchen shelves in the space above the desk.  I love the thickness and the brackets.  It would be a perfect combo with the desk I would like to add.


This is not the best example of what I want to do, but it was my inspiration.  There are long, flat closet doors that I plan to paint white.  But that's a lot of white empty space.  I decided it would be great to stencil some words on them.  I found this on apartment therapy which is part of a tour of Dana's house from House*Tweaking.  I thought about putting the words to You Are My Sunshine, but I wanted something a little more meaningful to us.  So I've decided to use our wedding song.  The text will be a little more scripty.  I can't wait to try and see how it looks.

So those are the main ideas so far.  I have lots of little things, but we'll save those until the room develops a little more.  I can't wait to get more of the boring stuff done so we can move on to the exciting!  Once we get the doors done we'll actually get to move down into the space.  Then we can start working on the playroom too!  Fun times ahead.  It's going to be a busy summer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment